Monday, May 18, 2009

I choose to be happy


I just finished reading Jolene's blog entry about her reading and making the choice to be happy. I'm considered mostly as the bubbly, happy-go-lucky girl. My colleagues at GHR always say that i'm always happy and smiling. It's not without effort. When i was in Form6, i made the decision to be happy as i was unhappy before that. Cy told me some time back that he wished to be as happy as me but the truth of the matter was i took it from him when we were in Form6. He was the happy one then. :-) i do slip sometimes every now and then (especially during that time of the month when my hormones get the better of me) and i do get easily irritated by my siblings and my mom sometimes. :-( There's one time that i was upset and cy told me that i could only allow myself to be sad for that one day and i should get over it and be happy the next day. That piece of advice has stuck with me till today. i'm still constantly choosing my option to be happy as i have lots to be happy for: My family & friends. I may not have the best of life, but my life is my best. For that, i'm extremely grateful.

No comments: