Friday, January 12, 2018

New Year 2018

It is the new year! Hurray! This year I managed to spend the new year with family (albeit for a short while to meet and greet) and friends (dinner and countdown). I manage to catch fireworks from a distance and enjoyed the solitude of just watching it without all the "people mountain people sea" condition. I managed to count down without having to worry about my dad waiting up for me to return home (the idea of spending the night at PH's house was the best!). I managed to down one can of cider + a glass of red wine without passing out immediately (the effect did come after that). Out with the old and in come with the NEW! The truth is I am quite excited for the new year to come. Simply it is my year (year of the woof woof) and it will have to come eventually no matter how I wish that the time will just stop. It doesn't. So in order to welcome the new year, I'm thinking of recapping what I did for 2017 for memories sake. In 2017, I gained a youngest sister-in-law, welcomed a nephew (BB TH), visited Sibu for the first time, attended some workshops (water color painting), attended a stand up comedy (You Stupid or What by Dr. Jason Leong), met up with new and old friends alike (SC and Winnie after 10++ years and there's looking at you Taukeh!), spending time with loved ones, visited Pulau Ketam for the first time, planned a birthday hi-tea for PH (this is sooo going to be our new tradition), new additions in our friend's family (HI Katrina and Rayyan!!!). attended a team building session with my colleagues, visited Perth for the first time, visited BKK with SN and SY for the first time, went outstation for work (Yong Peng & Muar), attended RIUH, visited Kuantan with SY, literally drove to Kuantan and back (lol) and jalan jalan with PH on a mini tour in the last post. Phew...that's a mouthful! There were ups and downs in the year too like the disappointment in work, BB TH's birth, when WK was supposed to let Rayyan stay for two weeks (drama betul) and etc which I can't remember and won't want to remember. As for this year, I actually wrote down a "What I want to achieve in 2018" in my journal. Here are some points: * Practice YOGA and PILATES with more gusto * Practice poses outside of classes * Practice Korean language more diligently (5 questions/day) * Spend less on unnecessary items * Practice calligraphy * Practice water colour * Learn new skills (2/year) * Sleep earlier (this is hard!!!) I managed to do most of it (except the sleeping early part). Now is the time to maintain that flow. May 2018 continues to bring happiness... Next to look forward to: Chinese New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment